Oakland Opportunity Academy (OOA)
Oakland Opportunity Academy, or OOA, is an alternate high school for public school districts in Clarenceville, Huron Valley, Novi, South Lyon, Walled Lake and West Bloomfield. OOA is located inside the Oakland Schools Technical Campus – Southwest (1000 Beck Road, Wixom, MI 48393.)
OOA students are given an opportunity to finish high school and will be prepared for post-secondary and career pathways.
- Certified teachers and tutors to work with each student in English, Math, Science, and Social Studies.
- Programs designed for your goals, your learning style and your pace.
- Master the skills you need and earn the credits for your diploma.
- Blended learning for direct and online learning.
- Project-based learning designed for student interest and achievement in core subjects.
- Credit recovery for graduation
- Students set their own pace for learning
- Tutor support for all academics
- Project-based learning
- Competency-based education: no failing grades
- Blended learning for core academics
- Individualized learning plan for each student
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Leadership opportunities
- Positive culture
- Later hours allowing for increased attention and attendance
- Career education during high school
Career Focused Education programs offered include:
- Transportation Technology
- Automotive Technology
- Auto Collision Repair & Refinishing
- Culinary Arts/Hospitality
- Food & Beverage Preparation
- Computer Applications
- Business Management
- Marketing and Sales