Students enrolled in one of the 28 local school districts in Oakland County have access to two online career readiness platforms, Xello and Nepris. See below for additional information and inquire at your child’s school to learn more.
Xello - Students in kindergarten through 12th grade have access to Xello, an online future readiness program with the following benefits.
- Students gain career awareness, exploration and preparation all in one comprehensive platform, which grows with them throughout their K-12 educational experience.
- Students easily create and revise their Educational Development Plan and Talent Portfolio each school year.
- Educators can review students interests, skills and abilities over the course of their K-12 education and guide them in a career readiness journey unique to students’ own experiences and talents.
- Counselors benefit from college planning tools to utilize with students, including transcript requests, letters of recommendation, local scholarship features, college application tracking and more.
Nepris - Students in middle school also have access to Nepris, a platform that connects student learning to real world applications via virtual chats, guest speakers and videos with industry professionals. Nepris has the following benefits.
- Industry experts bring real world relevance to the classroom and make connections to the curriculum.
- Students and educators can join live industry chats and interact with professionals across the globe right from the classroom.
- Educators can request a customized industry session to meet classroom needs.
- Students and families can access the library of authentic industry videos at any time, at school or from home.