Career and Technical Education
There are more than 320 state-approved CTE programs in 32 Programs of Study in Oakland County. Each year, more than 17,000 students countywide (28 local school districts and four Oakland Schools Technical Campuses) participate in these career-focused series of courses. The programs are designed to prepare students for a broad range of employment and training services, as well as post-secondary education. These programs are offered under the guidance of professionally and occupationally certified teachers, counselors, career development facilitators and work-based learning coordinators; and provide students with hands-on learning utilizing state-of-the-art, industry-relevant equipment, software and learning tools.
Oakland Schools Student Services Department provides technical assistance to Career Focused Education (CFE) stakeholders, including K-12 Career Readiness Educators and 9-12 Career and Technical Education (CTE) Instructors and Administrators throughout the county. Assistance is data driven to meet the diverse needs of these stakeholders.
CFE District Contact Meetings - mi PLACE
- Perkins V - Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act
- Accountability and Core Performance Indicators
- The Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment
- Compliance and Monitoring of CTE in Michigan - TRAC and CIP Review
- Added Cost Funding for CTE
- Developing the Student Leadership Skills of CTE Students