SCECHs, or State Continuing Education Clock Hours, are State Board approved in-service, workshop, training, or conference credits that are used for the renewal of selected certificates issued by the Michigan Department of Education (MDE).
Educators now earn State Continuing education hours and clock hours for renewal purposes. MDE has designated the credits State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECHs).
SCECHs are awarded through MOECS. The online evaluation is still required. SCECHs earned previously within the appropriate time period can still be used for renewal.
Information on the license/certificate renewal process can be found on the Michigan Department of Education's website. You can also call MDE at 517.373.3310.
Renewal of any MDE issued certificate is done through your MOECS account at MOECS Website.
Individuals who hold the following certificates and licenses are eligible to obtain and use SCECHs toward certificate/licensure renewal:
- School Psychologist & School Administrator certificates; School Guidance Counselor license
- Professional Education certificate and Occupational Education certificate
- Provisional Certificate (renewed after Sept. 1, 2013)
- Other Professional Development and How to Apply
- District Provided Professional Development
- Eligibility for SCECH Credit