Outstanding Teacher of the Year
Tips for submitting your nomination form:
- Submit a nomination form online.
- Have all materials ready before starting the form.
- Answer all questions.
- Provide specific examples of how the teacher has engaged students.
- Make sure your nomination form is complete before submitting.
Materials Needed for Nomination
How to apply
- Fill out the nomination documents.
- The application deadline is February 4, 2022, at 5:00 p.m.
- Remember to gather all required materials before you begin the nomination form.
The Oakland County Outstanding Teacher of the Year Awards are presented annually to honor and reward teachers in Oakland County who have achieved, through their effort and example, the highest standards of excellence in their profession. Oakland Schools has created these awards out of a conviction that a quality public education system is essential to the health and vitality of our community. We believe that encouraging excellence in education is the shared responsibility of all who reap its benefits.
This award recognizes an elementary, middle/junior high, and high school teacher from Oakland County. In all, three teachers will be selected to receive the Oakland County Outstanding Teacher of the Year Award, which includes a cash prize and an invitation to our signature recognition event at Oakland Schools.