Leadership and School Improvement
The goal of Leadership and School Improvement is to provide information, tools, and resources to support school and district leaders in designing, implementing, and evaluating federal and state programs resulting in improved student, staff and school/district performance.
We also provide support related to state programs such as Section 31a for At-Risk Pupils, which has undergone recent changes.
Services are delivered through regional and site-based professional learning activities such as workshops, referent group meetings, district- and school-based consultation and technical assistance and are designed to achieve the following outcomes:
- Build the capacity of district & school leaders to support and implement sustainable and effective Title I programs that meet all program and fiscal requirements.
- Encourage communication & collaboration within districts/schools to align program and finance components to the continuous improvement process.
- Share resources, information, and professional practices across districts/schools that fulfill federal and state requirements and are effective at increasing student achievement.
- Assist in the development and implementation of protocols, processes and procedures to facilitate program planning—from the assessment of needs through the program evaluation.
- Provide technical assistance in the use of online platforms, such as MEGS & ASSIST.