Classroom Makers Project
Classroom Makers Lending Library
REMC 17/Oakland Schools has a lending library of maker materials that are available for educators working in public schools located in Oakland County to check out for use with their students.
- Please use the "List of Items in Kit" button to see all the items we loan.
- When you know what you would like to borrow, please review availability of the items by clicking on the "List of Item Availability" button. Generally items can be borrowed for up to one month.
- When you have your items and available dates selected, please click on the "Loan Request Form" button to submit your information.
Join the conversation!
View what others are doing with the Classroom Makers Project or share your story!
"Makerspaces come in all shapes and sizes, but they serve as a gathering point for tools, projects, mentors. and expertise. A collection of tools does not define the makerspace. Rather, we define it by what it enables: making." - Makerspace Playbook
The REMC Classroom Makers project is a multi-year effort to provide local REMCs with maker training, curricular connections and materials to be used with districts to support teachers and to expand curricular and learning opportunities.
In year three the REMC Classroom Makers project will:
- Foster the growth of the meker project with classroom teachers by establishing a Classroom Makers Teacher Ambassador program.
- Provide additional classroom maker focused trainings for classroom teachers.
- Provide an earned allotment of money to purchase physical resources for participating REMC lending libraries.
- Produce the Classroom Makers Summit for a second year.