The goal of CFE is to create awareness of career pathways at each grade level: elementary, middle and high school.
Communication Services provides strategic internal and external communications and public relations services that support the mission, goals and objectives of Oakland Schools. A sampling of the activities that fulfill our mission include:
- Branding and identity development
- Media relations
- Video production and editing services
- Field Services - Providing communications assistance, support and direction to Oakland County districts upon request
- Internal communications - Intranet news, elevator postings, all-staff meetings/messages
- Liaison with the Oakland County School Public Relations Association (OCSPRA)
- Coordinate the Oakland County Outstanding Teacher of the Year Awards
Gone are the days of ditto sheets, chalkboards and overhead projectors. IPads, Smartboards and cell phone apps are now the common methods teachers use to educate students.
Oakland Schools’ Superintendent Dr. Wanda Cook-Robinson is a finalist for the Women in School Leadership Award, a national recognition given out annually by the American Association of School Administrators (AASA).
Oakland Schools molds local leaders in school districts through Aspiring Principals’ Leadership Academy and New Principals’ Leadership Institute.
VanBuskirk is 2018 Michigan Career Placement Association Honoree of the Year Award winner.
Now is the time to claim your seat for the 2019-2020 school year. Log into your student portal.
Four Automotive Technology students attended and three placed in the SkillsUSA Regional Competition at Washtenaw Community College.
Congresswoman Haley Stevens learns about programs from OSTC-SW students.
We want to hear from you! Share how we can better serve students, parents and industry partners.
OSTC-Southeast student, Mikayla is awarded $2500 scholarship from Shurtape for trade school.
Please view, download and print Oakland Schools publications including Surveys & Summaries and the District Service Report.
- 2016-2017 District Service Report
- 2016-2017 Summaries and Surveys
- 2017-2018 Summaries and Surveys