Leon Fisher, a graduate of the Northwest campus, returned to mentor current students in the Culinary program after being a line cook at Clarkston Union.
Communication Services provides strategic internal and external communications and public relations services that support the mission, goals and objectives of Oakland Schools. A sampling of the activities that fulfill our mission include:
- Branding and identity development
- Media relations
- Video production and editing services
- Field Services - Providing communications assistance, support and direction to Oakland County districts upon request
- Internal communications - Intranet news, elevator postings, all-staff meetings/messages
- Liaison with the Oakland County School Public Relations Association (OCSPRA)
- Coordinate the Oakland County Outstanding Teacher of the Year Awards
OSTC-NE's Robotics Team was selected to represent Michigan for the team's creative pit display design.
Four female students from Oakland Schools Technical Campus Southwest competed and placed at the SkillsUSA Michigan State Leadership and Skills Conference.
Suzanne Toohey, English as a Second Language (ESL)/Title III consultant and Gerri Devine, Mathematics Education consultant, recently worked together to author chapter 10 of the book Transforming Practices for the High School Classroom.
Northeast's iTeam program developed an anti-vaping campaign with local campaign, Alliance of Coalitions for Healthy Communities.
Fifty-six students and ten advisors traveled to Grand Rapids, Michigan on April 5th to compete in the weekend long SkillsUSA State Leadership and Skill Conference. Many students medaled and five students qualified for Nationals.
These four simple things can help babies learn to talk and child learn to read!
Decades of research have shown us that tweens and teens still benefit from establishing connections and relationships within a reading community. This article lists some ways to share in a reading community that are a just-right-size for your tween and teenagers.
Work-Based Learning serves as an extension to instruction in the classroom. Many students receive real world experience in the program.
Agriscience students are analyzing soil as the weather turns to spring.
Please view, download and print Oakland Schools publications including Surveys & Summaries and the District Service Report.
- 2016-2017 District Service Report
- 2016-2017 Summaries and Surveys
- 2017-2018 Summaries and Surveys