W-A-Y Oakland is a free, public high school program for students in Oakland County school districts. W-A-Y Oakland provides a flexible, student-centered, project-based approach to learning for students who need an alternative to the traditional high school model. Designed for students who require more flexibility and choice in the learning process, W-A-Y Oakland provides support through an online mentor, a designated team leader and subject matter experts working together to design and support an academic program that meets the Michigan State standards and prepares each student for further education and career skills.
Our program provides:
- No tuition cost to families
- In-home technology package includes: iMac computer system, camera, and connectivity
- On-site learning lab a minimum of two days a week
- A blended, project-based learning public high school program
- Students (researchers) are assigned to a support team consisting of an online mentor and a team leader; both are certified teachers with whom the researcher will communicate every day.